Monday, September 24, 2012

Miss Johnson's Classroom



Genny Johnson is my dear friend/ roommate (even when I'm gone...at heart)! She teaches the 4th grade at Newton Elementary in Fairhope. She told her principal about what I am doing and she was all for me coming to brief Genny's class on my adventures, show pictures, answer questions and teach them about a new place! Genny's initial reasoning was so she could teach them to write a proper letter and to teach them about email. Her principle told her she could incorporate my trip into so many different aspects of her curriculum, which is really fun! They had some really good questions and some really funny ones. My favorite being: "what do they write with there? Do they use a feather and ink?". They were amazed to know they use pens, no. 2 pencils and crayolas just like them! They all took guesses on how many miles NZ was from the US. Google told me it was 9000 miles! I would have thought further. I showed them my skydiving video from my last trip here and they got to hear a kiwi accent! Another country was extremely fascinating to them.

Anyways, I am really looking forward to them following me, reading letters from them and hopefully eventually being able to Skype with them!





1 comment:

  1. We miss you and we are so excited to see our picture! We are ready to sykpe with you!
    Love,
    Ms Johnson's Class

    ReplyDelete