Monday, September 10, 2012

I'M BLOGGING!


It's really happening....and by happening I mean I'm actually blogging and I am actually approaching my departure date. I have a one way ticket to Queenstown, New Zealand on September 21st. Most people have asked what I will do when I get there. My answer: I don't know. As you can imagine I have gotten some bewildered looks, but that's just it, I don't know. I will figure that out when I get there. I may be a nanny, I may work at a coffee shop, I may be a greeter at Walmart (sike- thankfully they don't have that scary place), I may work at McDonald's or I may just fulfill my childhood dream of wanting to work at grocery store just to scan the items at the register. I will keep you posted on that one. I plan to at least work through the summer (our winter) and see what happens. If I can brave the cold winter then I will stay, otherwise I will galavant on over to Australia to visit some friends I studied with. Next August I plan to be in Thailand to find a job teaching English for a year. So that is my "plan". I wanted to put it in writing so I can look back and see if I even vaguely came close to following it. You never know what will happen when you travel. What I do know is that travel teaches you a lot about yourself and every trip has made me a different person. I am thankful for that!

Anyways, now that I am in the final countdown with less than 2 weeks to go it is really starting to sink in. I feel like I have so much to do, so many fun people to hang out with and so many of my favorite restaurants to visit, all in so little time. I'm a real procrastinator, so I should have been doing these things over the last few months. Actually the only one I am slacking on is the "so much to do" aka get organized before I go. I have hung out with most of my friends and I have gone overkill on the eating out, but that's normal.

I have tried blogging every time I travel and I always give up. However, this go round I am hoping to post more consistently, so I don't get carried away and write lengthy posts and then burn out. Somewhere on this blog there should be a place for you to "subscribe", so that you will receive an email when I have written a post. I think it is at the very bottom. I am new to actually creating a blog, so bear with me in the process of figuring all of this cyber nonsense out. If you would like to volunteer to make it prettier than this ancient picture of a globe, please let me know. I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure it out and got extremely frustrated.

I promised I would acknowledge whoever came up with the best blog title. My friends and family voted on this one. So a HUGE thank you to my comical friend Keith Domen! Good work on pegging the nail right on the head in terms of describing my life. Want to know what you win? A plane ticket to New Zealand. Oh wait, I'm definitely lying, but it sounded good right?

That's all for now....but don't worry, I always have plenty to say so stay tuned for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment