Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I love presents!


After uploading the 613 pictures I took on my parents trip, I realized it was going to take me a great deal of time to upload some of my favorite ones. However, the trip started with some excellent surprise courtesy of my parents and my great friends!!

Genny sent me "herself". She now is with me everyday! I had just been saying that now that I have a side table I needed to add some pictures from home. JLO, aka Jason, Laura and Owen sent me their Christmas card, so I now have Owen hanging out with Genny and me next to my bed. They sent me some fabulous chap stick, hand lotion called '27 wishes' with a little philosophy on it that describes my life, and my FAVORITE, Justin's peanut butter spreads. Buy yourself some and thank me. Allison sent a true taste of home: Mardi Gras gear! I made everyone at work taste a moonpie. I'm not really sure they understood how excited I was to introduce them to Mardi Gras. On Sunday Funday I made Gareth wear Mardi Gras beads all day and made my friend Connah drink from a tervis tumbler that explains that the real Mardi Gras started in Mobile. Booyah! I of course used the hugger for my own adult beverage! Thanks friends, you really brightened my day!!


A few other things that made my eyes go wide were dads selections of drinks and moms selections of food! I made buffalo wings last night and felt like I was at For Pete's Sake again. They have "buffalo wings" on the menus everywhere here. Problem is, they are just cooked wings with a side of bbq sauce. There is nothing buffalo about them. Silly kiwis. Tonight I made myself some french onion dip, bought kettle chips and acted like I was eating my appetizer at Callaghan's. Only problem was I didn't have a massive burger to follow. That's probably a good thing though considering my lack of physical activities these days. Anyways, thanks Mom and Dad, you too/two are the bomb. Two, because there's two of you and too because I meant in addition to my other gifts!


Pictures of our travels are to come! I am getting motivated again to blog, so please keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment