Monday, July 1, 2013

Random Tidbits




So it's getting cold. And by cold I mean it's basically Antarctica. We had our first snow a few weeks ago. The forecast suggests it will start snowing tomorrow and snow for a few days. It's so beautiful when it snows. I didn't buy a pass for skiing because I didn't think I would get good value out of it. The mountains are much smaller and have very few runs in comparison with the skiing I have done in Colorado. I would like to go up a time or two though just for the experience. I am pretty sure I would be quite the hassle to go up the mountain with though. I complain about my fingers being cold, even in mittens. My ears are cold because my hat just barely covers them. My toes are cold and my socks are wet because I wiped out and got snow all down my boots. My hands are stuck in the straps on the poles as I'm trying to get on the lift. I mean lets be honest here, I'd rather be sitting at the bottom eating french fries. I blame my mom. She is the same when she skis (sorry Carol for calling you out).

One thing I am not used to is having to warm my car up. I got up at 5 the other morning for the gym and luckily remembered I had to do that. Good thing because when I went out the car was frozen and my frozen I mean when I opened the door it wouldn't stay shut when I closed it. The lock was frozen. So I left my car door wide open, blowing bought air out onto the streets of Arrowtown. The windows were frozen shut and everything was iced over. We definitely don't have that problem in Alabama. I won't spend much time driving a car in winter because I can't be bothered with snow chains and driving real slow. Luckily, my dear friend Bennie is a taxi driver so he will be on speed dial.

I got my first manicure in 8 months. It was amazing. I walked in this place in Queenstown and this little Balinese woman got my all comfy with a little pillow under my knees, offered me an iPad to play on and then told me I could order from the cocktail list or the spa snack menu. This was no fancy spa, this was just a walk in day spa I walked in desperate for a manicure. The day before I also got my first haircut. That was incredible too. I used to get my haircut every 6 weeks, but it was so easy when I was at home and had my great friend Valerie as my hair stylist. My hair was so long now though, no one could mess up this cut. Greatest part, it was only $20! I went to a junior stylist and apparently that makes all the difference in price. Score!

One thing I HATE to admit is that I am in love with TV. Seriously. It's so strange, considering that I haven't owned a tv since college. I have always been quite anti. However, I now plan my evenings around The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, X Factor, Grey's Anatomy and really anything else I can get into. One thing about NZ soaps is that they come on at night! Oh yes they do. So I now watch Shortland Street at 7pm Monday-Friday. It is a hospital soap there is always some serious juicy scandal going on. I love it. I'm still having withdrawls from Homeland though and am counting down the days until it starts back!


More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment